Barbecue Turkey Meatballs
Serving size: 4 meatballs and 1/3 cup tomato sauce
Servings per recipe: 4
- 2 tbsp. Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 ½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 can diced tomatoes with mild green chilis
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Using a blender or food processor, combine Splenda® brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, cumin, paprika, cloves, and canned tomatoes. Blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ground turkey, onions, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Shape the ground turkey mixture into 16 meatballs.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat, lightly coated with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Cook meatballs for about two minutes on each side, making sure to brown all sides.
- Add tomato mixture to the pan and lower heat to medium. Bring to a simmer.
- Allow the meatballs to cook for an additional 6-8 minutes.
Bariatric Surgery at WakeMed
Learn more about bariatric surgery and weight loss at WakeMed. Visit our website to request an appointment or sign up for one of our free information sessions.