In 1997, WakeMed conveyed to a private, not-for-profit. The system has more than 1 million patient visits each year, 9,000+ talented employees, more than 1,000 dedicated physicians on staff and more than 1,000 volunteers.
Our Centers of Excellence include:
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Women’s & Children’s Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Emergency & Trauma
- Home Care
- Numerous Wellness and Community Outreach Programs
- And More!
About WakeMed Voices
Welcome to WakeMed Voices, where we provide an outlet for our many experts to share information on topics important to the health of patients and the community. We offer several options to receive access to health information. These include:
- The WakeMed Voices Blog, where you can read a variety of rich content from our healthcare experts.
- The Wake Voices Podcast, where you can listen in on interesting conversations from our specialists.
- The WakeMed Fast5, featuring a mixture of video and written content on a range of healthcare issues.
We are committed to engaging in the discussion about health and the business of healthcare, providing useful, timely information in the format you prefer. We’d love your feedback and welcome comments or questions, so feel free to email us.