The following is a great and tasty option for bariatric patients or those considering bariatric surgery. Give this simple recipe a try today!
Apricot Glazed Ham
- 4 lbs cooked lean ham
- 2 cups diet ginger ale
- ½ cup Walden Farms Calorie Free Apricot Fruit Spread
- ¼ cup brown sugar Splenda for Baking
- 3 tbsp Walden Farms Calorie Free Honey Dijon Dressing
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Whole cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Insert cloves about ¼ inch deep into ham.
- Place ham on rack in roasting pan.
- Pour diet ginger ale into pan.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in bowl, brush mixture over ham.
- Bake uncovered 1 ½ hours.
Bariatric Surgery at WakeMed
Learn more about bariatric surgery and weight loss at WakeMed. Visit our website to request an appointment or sign up for one of our free information sessions.