Skip the restaurant, and make your own delicious tostadas right at home. These black bean and salmon tostadas are super simple to make, taste delicious and are actually healthy for you! Give it a try!
Black Bean & Salmon Tostadas
Prep Time: 25 m | Total Time: 25 m
- (8) 6-inch corn tortillas
- Canola oil cooking spray
- (1) 6- to 7-ounce can boneless, skinless wild Alaskan salmon, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeños, plus 2 tablespoons pickling juice from the jar, divided
- 2 cups coleslaw mix (see Tip) or shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- (1) 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared salsa
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Coat tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Place on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake, turning once, until light brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Combine salmon, avocado and jalapenos in a bowl.
- Combine cabbage, cilantro and the pickling juice in another bowl.
- Process black beans, sour cream, salsa and scallions in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on High until hot, about 2 minutes.
- To assemble tostadas, spread each tortilla with some bean mixture and some salmon mixture and top with the cabbage salad.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
*recipe via Eating Well.