*The following recipe was contributed by Rebecca Skotek, RD, LDN.
**makes 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 tsp garlic cloves, chopped (or garlic powder)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Asian salad mix
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and stir until translucent (about 5-8 minutes).
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add ground turkey and stir until meat is cooked through (about 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of your pan).
- Add salad mix and stir until cabbage is no longer raw but not soggy (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add in salad mix toppings.
Nutrition facts, per serving: Protein- 24g | Fat- 15g | Total Carbohydrates- 8G | Sugar- 1g
About Rebecca Skotek, RD, LDN
Rebecca Skotek is a registered dietitian specializing in bariatric patients. Rebecca’s guiding principle is an individualized approach to nutrition, understanding each patient’s needs are different. It is her goal to translate her background and knowledge into relatable information in order to best accommodate a patient’s personal lifestyle goals. She enjoys translating science-based evidence into relatable information.