Sugar Free Egg Nog
*This recipe is intended for patients who have successfully completed the Full Liquid phase and are in the semi-solid phase.
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat free egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 3 tbsp Jell-O Sugar Free Instant Pudding Mix
- 6 packets Splenda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until smooth.
- Chill for several hours.
- Shake or Stir well prior to using.
*Serving size is 2 oz on Semi-Solid Diet (Week 3).
Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
YIELDS 3 SERVINGS
- 1 butternut squash, peeled
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Take your spiralized butternut squash noodles and cut with a scissor, if they are not in half-moon shape. Lay the noodles on a baking tray coated in cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add in the vegan butter and let melt.
- Once melted, add in the coconut flour and whisk together until flour absorbs butter and becomes thick.
- Add in the almond milk and whisk together constantly until mixture thickens.
- Once the mixture thickens, add in the baked butternut squash noodles and stir to combine.
- Once combined, add in the cheese and stir again to combine. If it is too thick, add in more almond milk.
- Once the cheeses have melted into the noodles and consistency is to your preference, divide into bowls and enjoy!
Turkey Herb Stuffing-Style “Riced” Cauliflower
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced small
- 4 celery stalks, diced small
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced small
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped very finely, or “riced” in a food processor (don’t over process)
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage or 1 tsp. ground sage
- 3/4 c. turkey, chicken, or veggie broth/stock
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, celery, and carrots.
- Sauté until soft, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add cauliflower “rice” and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté until cauliflower is tender; about 6-7 minutes.
- Add remaining herbs and broth stir until well combined, and heated through.
- Cover very tightly with a lid, and remove from heat.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork and serve immediately.
*Serving size: ½ cup