Easter feels so fresh and full of life! It also has the very best themed candy of all the holidays. Enter the Spring Chicken Nest!
Spring Chicken Pot Pie Nests
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of Salt &Pepper
- 8 oz. Cooked Chicken Breast, diced
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened, Unflavored Almond Milk
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- Green Beans
- Green Peas
- 2 Tbs. Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- Shred cauliflower using a medium gauge grater. You can also buy pre-riced cauliflower or use a food processor.
- Microwave cauliflower for 5 minutes in a medium bowl.
- Using a cheesecloth, squeeze excess water from cauliflower. Remove as much liquid as possible. Using fresh over frozen cauliflower makes this a little easier.
- Return the dried cauliflower to a dry bowl.
- Add one egg, Parmesan cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl. Combine thoroughly.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Gently press cauliflower mixture into cups and mold against the sides to form nests.
- Be careful to not spread your mixture too thin leaving holes that will leak out your gooey filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the centers are dry and the edges are golden brown and crisp.
- While the nests are baking, use a nonstick pan to sauté your onion on high heat until just tender.
- Lower your heat to medium and add in the remaining vegetables. Continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, almond milk, salt, and pepper. Stir and cover for roughly 5 minutes to cook vegetables and bring together flavors.
- Mix cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Pour into the filling mixture and stir.
- Add cooked chicken breast. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Gently remove cauliflower nests from their tin.
- Pour filling into each nest and enjoy!
Warm, delicious, bright and fresh. Best of all? Bariatric friendly and RD approved!
Bariatric Surgery at WakeMed
Learn more about the bariatric and weight loss surgery services offered at WakeMed.