Carrot Banana Breakfast Muffins
Makes: 10 muffins | Serving Size: 2 muffins
- 1½ cups grated carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 1½ cups mashed banana (about 2-3 large bananas)
- ½ cup egg whites or 2 eggs or ½ cup applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup buckwheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal, ground or oat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Optional: nuts, spices, honey/maple syrup, etc.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F
- Combine your carrot, banana, egg whites (or substitute) and vanilla
- Mix your flour, oatmeal and baking powder into the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Pour your mixture into your muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and a skewer inserted removes clean.
About WakeMed Corporate & Community Health
The Corporate and Community Health division of WakeMed provides worksite wellness and health promotion services to numerous corporate and community clients throughout Wake County. The department is made up of a multi-disciplinary team who perform preventative health screenings, education and coaching upon request. The department assists thousands of people each year on their wellness journey.