This delicious, heart-healthy recipe was recently featured at the 2019 Thrive NC Festival. Give it a try, and let us know what you think!
Thai Noodle Salad
Rice Noodle Salad
- 5 oz rice noodles (vermicelli or flat noodles)
- 1/2 cup julienne cucumbers
- 1/4 cup julienne carrots
- 1/4 cup julienne red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup julienne jicima
- 1/2 cup chopped arugula or watercress
- 1/4 cup trimmed daikon radish sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds (peanuts optional)
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl.
- Pour boiling water over them, and let them soak for 3-5 minutes
- Drain and cool with cold water.
Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 tbsp pureed lemon grass
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced Thai Bird chili
- 3 tbsp palm sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a blender or mixing bowl, place lemon grass, lime juice, ginger, garlic, Thai chili and palm sugar.
- Mix well, then drizzle in oil to emulsify.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss well.
- Serve in individual bowls with chopsticks.