In the mood for something fun but also healthy? This vegetarian nacho recipe is a great combination of the two, plus it’s a great option for those who are meatless or those who simply don’t feel like using their oven. Enjoy this recipe as a fantastic appetizer or as a light lunch/dinner.
Greek Salad Nachos
Prep Time: 15 m | Total Time: 15 m
- ⅓ cup prepared hummus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups whole-grain pita chips
- ½ cup quartered grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- Whisk hummus, oil, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread pita chips in one layer on a platter.
- Drizzle ¾ of the hummus mixture over the chips.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, feta, olives and red onion.
- Dollop with the remaining hummus mixture and sprinkle with oregano.
*recipe via EatingWell