Skip to main content

Where to Get a Whooping Cough Booster

News of the Whooping Cough epidemic is pervasive in the media these days with experts recommending that adults get a whooping cough (pertussis) booster shot in an effort to protect the children in their lives.

There are many resources where you can get a whooping cough booster, including your primary care physician, urgent care centers, the county health department and, if you work for a health care provider like WakeMed, your employer.  (If you are a WakeMed employee and you are interested in getting a booster, please contact Occupational Health & Safety.)

Learn more about whooping cough by reading the recent blog posted by Dr. Amy Griffin, medical director of the WakeMed Children’s Emergency Department.