*Makes 10 servings
- Cooking spray
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium zucchini (6 ounces), diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 oz. lean ground turkey
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can, no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 oz.) can, no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15.25 oz.) can no-salt-added beans of any kind, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Spray a large soup pot with cooking spray.
- Sauté onions, carrots and zucchini over medium-high heat until the onions turn clear.
- Add the garlic and sauté 30 more seconds.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well and bring the chili to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
About WakeMed Corporate & Community Health
The Corporate and Community Health division of WakeMed provides worksite wellness and health promotion services to numerous corporate and community clients throughout Wake County. The department is made up of a multi-disciplinary team who perform preventative health screenings, education and coaching upon request. The department assists thousands of people each year on their wellness journey.